Wednesday 27 May 2009

So does this socia media stuff work then?

I was at a FSB networking event this evening & the question I was asked the most was does this social media stuff work?

My response = YES! Now I don't think every business in the land should be twittering but I do think that there is a useful part of web 2.0 for everyone. For me, I generally consider a marketing effort to be working when it's resulting in more sales that can be clearly attributed to the marketing activity. The advantage of having a very traditional company which I run alongside Blacktype is that I can use it as a constantly evolving case study. It also acts as a brake when I get carried away with the latest new tech gizmo. I always ask myself - is it creating new business, because if it isn't, I'm wasting time.

I've got a lot to say about this topic but I'm going to keep you all in suspense & save the details for another blog post or three.

No comments: