Tuesday 12 May 2009

a new print magazine - bold move from Joules

After my previous post on ASOS, I was intrigued to see a copy of the new Joules magazine dropping through my letterbox. It's a pretty slick production, as you'd expect from the team behind one of the fastest growing lifestyle brands of the moment & whilst carrying a small amount off 3rd party advertisement, it is primarily acting as a show case for the clothing ranges.

Joules does have a blog & a facebook page so the focus on a paper offering is fairly interesting, if a little retro. Tom Joules is one of the sharpest people in the industry so perhaps he feels as everyone else pulls away from paper & switches to social media, there is a gap to exploit?

Anyway, I'll be interested to see what they do with the magazine over the coming months (even if it does tempt me to open my purse a little too much!)

No comments: