Thursday 5 March 2009

customer service is king


Whilst I firmly believe that social media has an important part to play in business success in 2009, it's not the bedrock. As always it's customer service, customer service, customer service.


I promised my baby brother (that's him in the pic above) that if he won a downhill race I'd sort out some sponsorship for him. Well, he went out there & killed it last weekend :-)


So as he's racing again this weekend I wanted to get the blacktype brand on him as quickly as possible! This is where local business can clean up in the way that internet businesses struggle. I phoned Linela, a local embroidery company yesterday morning who said they could sort me out, popped down at lunch time to finalise the order & by 11am this morning I had been contacted by phone & email to let me know the order was ready. Wow, that's what I call customer service & it's why I'll be using them again & I recommend them to anyone looking for printing or embroidery.


So in summary, social media will drive business your way, but customer service is what's going to keep that business for you.


Thanks guys, I really appreciate you sorting me out & watch out for Team Blacktype taking the downhill scene by storm in 2009.


No comments: