Wednesday 19 November 2008

twitter

Seems to be the new way of announcing projects. Just this week, we had Ian Sanders uncovering his new children's book on twitter, then today I had Riding Resource add me to their list of followed people. I'm also nosey when people do this so wandered over to look at their website http://www.ridingresource.com/ which is in pre-launch, but in the meantime you can follow them on twitter & via their facebook page to stay in touch.

I can only assume they stumbled across me from the horsey references in my tweets & profile - bit it's worked! I now know who they are & what they do. Great piece of marketing.

Finally, whilst on the subject of twitter, props to http://twitter.com/sitepointdotcom for their current initiave. I read on a tech blog about their offer - sign up to follow them & get a free PDF copy of their great book on CSS design. Well I'm always a sucker for a freebie & my CSS coding is pretty poor, so off I headed. Their offer has been so popular they almost broke twitter! Well done guys & cheers for the book.

2 comments:

Clay Parker Jones said...

Christina -

One member of the design/web marketing consultants for Riding Resource here (we're called Hustlewood, look us up at http://hustlewood.com). Just wanted to say thanks for the kind words about the site. We were stoked to be able to help out the RR team on this project, and the results are awesome!

Thanks also for being a part of the process.

Clay
http://exitcreative.net/blog/

Riding Resource said...

Thank you for posting such a great blog and being so kind as to include our website in it! Our mission is to help the equestrian community as a whole and we really appreciate you taking the time to help spread the word.

We decided to use social media marketing (Twitter and Facebook) to generate some pre-launch buzz for our site. Being that we are currently a small start up, our advertising spend is limited at best. We also wanted to give exclusive access to those who help(ed) us with our beta testing phase and this was the perfect medium in which to do so.

Again, thank you for posting this. Our official launch is January 1, 2009 and we couldn't be more excited.